10 October 2014

Oia, Santorini, Greece :: Photographer's Paradise

Let me begin by saying, or rather admitting, that I've been in a rut. A big one. For the last year or so I have no had the desire to edit photos. I've been religiously taking them in every port, but organizing, editing, and processing those shots hasn't been at the top of my priority. Well... after today things have certainly changed.

For those of you creative types out there who need inspiration or just a good kick in the ass, book the next flight out to Santorini!!   Today was the second time we visited Santorini, but the first time I made it out to Oia. Santorini is a decently sized island inhabiting two or three villages. The village by which we port is called Thira, perched at the top of a very steep cliff. You get to the top by either cable car or donkey path. A couple weeks ago I spent the day in Thira, running to the top (of course), dodging the donkey land mines on the way up.  Thira was nice but it didn't wow me by any means. Oia is the town everyone thinks of when they think of Greece, white stucco buildings with blue topped roofs. Truth be told there are only about 6 roofs that are blue... but they certainly stick out!

Oia is an overload to the senses. I think every type of artist and photographer would love a visit to Oia. Everywhere you turn there is something to grab your attention. Souvenirs and funny little still-life pictures, landscapes and architecture opportunities, portraiture and lifestyle photos of the locals, staircases, leading lines, bicycles, colourful doors, windows, things falling apart and in disarray... I could go on, but I won't...

Ok enough chitter chatter. If you want to go to an amazing destination, I am recommending Santorini. :) enjoy the photos!

 
 

 
 



 
 
 


 
PS the food and coffee are to die for as well. I unfortunately don't have any photos of edible items because I ate them too quickly. HA! :|
 

No comments:

Post a Comment