17 June 2013

Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark.
 
It was a beautiful sunny day and I got off the ship in the evening to walk towards the harbour and find someplace to have a bite to eat. We passed the Little Mermaid on the way... One of the biggest tourist attractions of Copenhagen. She's a really small life-size statue sitting on a rock near the shore. 
 
 
The Little Mermaid - Copenhagen, Denmark
 


We continued walking... There were a number of interesting statues all over Copenhagen, hidden in strange nooks and crannies.

 

 


 
This is where the Royal Family lives. We were walking through and the square was almost empty outside the palace. They also had guards patrolling the grounds wearing ridiculous large fur hats.
Finally after about 40 mins of walking we reached our destination. A canal with sailboats lining it and plenty of restaurants in the sun.


 
 
We spent a long time just enjoying the food, sun and company. Eventually the sun began to set and we walked back to the ship. :)

 
Hope you enjoyed these photos! I have one more that I am working on of the Little Mermaid. I'll post that when I have it edited. We are going to be sailing about the United Kingdom for the next two weeks. I'm excited to return to Ireland! My Next post will be about Warnemunde Germany! Stay Tuned.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment