15 January 2014

Antigua

First stop that I got off after Half Moon Cay was Antigua. I had never been here before and I was anxious to see another Caribbean island. When we walked off the gangway we saw a local band playing steel drums for us. Really set the tone and made us feel like we were in the tropics! 




Once we got outside the terminal we wandered around the streets until we found the church, which was rundown but the statues outside of the gate to the church were preserved and I got this photo of John the Baptist. I think I remember Lisa telling me these statues were important or interesting because they were looted from another ship once upon a time.. but I may be wrong ... I'll have to ask her again :) 


Next we walked through the market place, which was basically just the main street with vendors set up on either side. I found a really cute sign that said "Credit Makes Enemies" Thought that was a good motto to live by :) Lisa and I bought fresh Bananas and an Avocado, which were both AMAZING. Walking past the PUBLIC MEAT MARKET was a little bit stinky lol and I was aghast to see a man with his bare hands in a tub full of fish bits stirring it around... it was gross I didn't take a picture of it lol. I did take this pic of the scales and some dead fishies below.  




After the Market we walked back to the ship and looked at all the little fishing boats and nets that they were using. 





And of course Lisa had to take a pic with the pirate :P 

Ok, Goodnight for now, I'm going to go to Lima Peru now and try not to get mugged, haha Finger's Crossed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment