16 May 2014

Cartagena, Spain :: Wall Scaling!

Another day, another mountain w a castle at the top! :) Didn't take very long to get to the top, so we made it a challenge and carried rocks to make it more of a workout. lol!
Brett and I ran into a couple of guests from the ship. Love how active they are!! They are 79 and 84 years old and they climbed around this castle w us. I hope to be as active as them when I'm that age!
 
 
 

 
Probably not the smartest idea... but the rope was taunting me! haha! made it to the top, but I decided to come down instead of going over.. I wasn't sure how to get back down if I climbed over the top. haha, probably for the best!







View from the top!

 
We found some tunnels on the way down. Kind of a sad story, there was a skeleton of a dog wearing a muzzle that had obviously been tied up to one of the doors leading into a tunnel. Some people are sick.

Door half sealed up into one of the tunnels

This door was open! We were terrified, but we HAD to go inside lol - it smelled like fuel and there was a bridge inside leading ... somewhere! from our echoes it sounded like miles of tunnel!!





 
Can't wait for the next mountain or castle to explore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment