08 May 2013

Jamaica, Mon!

Our next stop after Cartagena, Columbia was Falmouth Jamaica! This was a really special port for Holland America Line because the Veendam was first ship coming to this port for the first time. We made the inaugural port here for all the HAL! Michael and I decided we needed to get off for a few hours to soak up the gorgeous sunshine that we had today.  


The water was So Blue and the sky was completely clear that it made for a really nice photo of the bow. :) 


I took a photo standing beside this sign, but my face looks funny so I posted this one instead. :P I really need to take posing lessons to be able to have some nice photos of myself. Everything turns out Chandler-style haha. 




We wandered around in the port for a while until we decided that the best place to go was Margaritaville!! While walking around I saw a street vendor with a painting of a cruise ship with the word FREEDOM on it. I thought that was fitting!! The freedom of the sea... :) 


MargaritaVille - 5 O'clock Somewhere ;)
We had a fabulous time at Margaritaville, sitting in the sun and talking to our waiter, Joe. He taught us some Jamaican slang - of which I have no idea how to spell. Michael and I both agreed that one of the best things of this job is to be able to talk to the locals and learn a little bit of their culture. 

Cap'n Michael and his Liege  

For some reason I forgot to take a photo of the MOUNTAIN of nachos that were consumed in those two hours we spent at Margaritaville. Need to remember to take more photos!! 

The next post will most likely be on my next ship. I'm currently spending some time at home between contracts. I look forward to updating you from the Prinsendam! 



No comments:

Post a Comment