28 April 2013

Panama Canal

We started entering the Panama Canal Locks at 8:30am and I was able to see the ship enter the first one. We had to go up first into the canal and then to exit the canal we went back down. We actually went through three different locks. One at 8:30, one about 10:30-11:00, and the last one about 2:00pm.


Entering the Panama Canal Locks 
Panama Canal Locks

I was able to see the first one and then after that I was indoors teaching classes from 10:30-2:30pm. So I ended up missing most of the canal. But I left my curtains open in the Workshop and every once in a while I would see something nice outside and pause class to take a look. The guests didn't mind - they also wanted to look outside!!

San Blas Islands, Panama 
After the Panama Canal we sailed to the San Blas Islands which were REALLY TINY - tendering took a long time so I didn't get off the ship. But I did spend some time in the sun on the top deck. It was a beautiful and such an amazing experience to transverse the Panama Canal!


No comments:

Post a Comment